Hunter Boot Limited ("Hunter") and its international partners, subsidiaries and associated companies ("Hunter" or "we" or "us") take our relationship with all our users seriously, and this includes how we handle the personal information that you give us. Hunter is committed to meeting the requirements of all applicable state and federal laws regarding the privacy of your personal information.
This Policy sets out the ways we process personal information collected from you and provided to us via our Website(s).
1. The personal information we collect about you
Through your use of Hunter Website(s) and Hunter branded Social Media Channels including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, You Tube and Snapchat you participate in ("Social Media Channels")), and sometimes during visits to our stores, we may, where permitted by applicable law, collect and process the following information about you:
• your full name, age, date of birth and sex;
• your billing and delivery postal addresses, phone (including mobile phone), fax and e-mail details;
• where you have registered a user account with us, your user name and password;• your communication and shopping preferences;
• your browsing and shopping activities;
• where provided by you, your interests, feedback and survey responses;
• information about the device on which you have accessed the Website(s), including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type;
• your location; and
• correspondence with us.
We may also collect suggestions, ideas, inquiries, feedback, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, images, videos, messages or other materials ("User Content") that you transmit, upload, post, e-mail, share, distribute, reproduce or otherwise make available to us.
This information will be collected primarily from you as information voluntarily provided to us through our Website(s), Social Media Channels or in-store, but we may also collect it from you where we communicate with you by telephone, post, email or other means of communication.
Where lawful to do so we may also obtain it (or combine it with information from) public sources, third party service providers, individuals who have indicated you have agreed for them to provide your personal information, government, tax or law enforcement agencies and other third parties. For example, if you are on another website and you opt-in to receive information from Hunter, that website may submit to us your email address and other information about you so that we may contact you as requested. You may also choose to participate in a third party application or feature (such as one of our Facebook or Twitter applications or a similar application or feature on a third party website) through which you allow us to collect (or the third party to share) information about you, (including personal information) such as details of your friends/connections, "likes", comments you have shared, groups and location. In addition, we may receive information about you (including your personal information) if other users of a third party website give us access to their profiles and you are one of their friends/connections or information about you is otherwise accessible through your friends'/connections´ web page, profile page, or similar page on a Social Media Channel or other third party website or interactive service. Where permitted by applicable law, we may supplement the information we collect about you directly with the information we receive from third parties in order to enhance our ability to serve you, to tailor our content to you and send you details of promotions and/or offers which we believe may be of interest to you.
We sometimes receive personal information about other individuals from customers who wish to send our products as gifts. In these circumstances, we will process that personal information for the purpose provided, keeping records of doing so in our legitimate interest and to defend against claims and comply with laws.
2. How do we use information about you?
Hunter may use the personal information set out in section 1 for the purposes described in this Policy as follows, and where permitted by applicable law:
• to process an order placed via our Website(s) or over the telephone;
• to respond and/or deal with your request or inquiry;
• subject to your prior approval, to include you in contests and notify you of results;
• to administer our Website(s) and Social Media Channels and personalize content for you;
• for internal record keeping;
• to provide you with information either at your request, or as a result of searches undertaken using our Website(s);
• subject to your prior approval, to provide direct or other marketing that you have requested or agreed to receive or which we are otherwise lawfully entitled to undertake with you as a customer or prospective customer in our legitimate business interest and you have not opted out of receipt of;
• subject to your prior approval, to record your marketing preferences;
• subject to your prior approval, to personalize offers, promotions and advertising provided to you based on our understanding of your browsing and shopping habits or purchase history;
• subject to your prior approval, to register you for certain features on our Website(s);
• to improve our products and services;
• in relation to User Content, on our Website(s), Social Media Channels and marketing communications (including emails) to promote our products. We will seek your permission to re-use your User Content and if permission is granted we will re-use such User Content in accordance with this Policy;
• where necessary as part of any restructuring of Hunter or sale of Hunter's business or assets.
We may also process your personal information for other legitimate business purposes including management analysis, audit, forecasting, business planning and transactions, ensuring our compliance with applicable laws, regulatory requirements, and Hunter policies, and dealing with legal claims and related administrative activities and related records retention requirements. We may also process your personal information to establish or exercise our legal rights and to comply with law enforcement or other government agency requests or court orders.
In addition, Hunter (and those people or companies employed by Hunter who help make our Website(s), its content and its services) will process and use your personal information in order improve the service we provide enabling us to: speed up your searches, recognize you when you return to the Website(s), respond to your feedback, respond to problems, and tailor what we do to suit your requirements further.
We may anonymize your personal information and use it for the purposes described above as part of aggregated non personal information for research, statistical and other purposes (such as improving our Website(s), products and services) or measuring the effectiveness of our advertising.
3. User Content provided by you
When you transmit, upload, post, e-mail, share, distribute, reproduce or otherwise make available User Content in any manner, you are entirely responsible for such User Content.
In the event we request permission to re-use your User Content you hereby grant to us a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, unrestricted, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, copy, license, sublicense, adapt, distribute, display, publicly perform, reproduce, transmit, modify, edit, and otherwise exploit such User Content throughout the world, in all media now known or hereafter developed, for the of marketing our products on our Website(s), Social Media Channels and other marketing communications (including emails). You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control the rights to your User Content. You agree not to engage in or assist or encourage others to engage in transmitting, uploading, posting, e-mailing, sharing, distributing, reproducing, or otherwise making available User Content that (a) is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, libellous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; (b) you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; (c) is known by you to be false, fraudulent, inaccurate or misleading; (d) you were compensated for or granted any consideration by any third party; or (e) infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party.
We are in no way responsible for examining or evaluating User Content, nor do we assume any responsibility or liability for User Content. We do not endorse or control the User Content particularly User Content that is transmitted or posted directly by Users on websites, social media or other channels that are not controlled by us.
We do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of User Content. You understand that you may be exposed to User Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable to you. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any User Content, including without limitation, for any errors or omissions in any User Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred by you as a result of the use of any User Content transmitted, uploaded, posted, e-mailed or otherwise made available to us. You hereby waive all rights to any claims against us for any alleged or actual infringements of any proprietary rights, rights of privacy and publicity, moral rights, and rights of attribution in connection with User Content.
**4. With whom does Hunter share personal information with third parties? **
Because we may retain the services of third-party vendors to perform certain services on our behalf, we may share your personal information with these third-party companies (such as advertising and marketing agencies, social media agencies, the Social Media Channels, software providers, couriers and outsourced functions such as customer services and third party payment services providers) for the purposes set out in this Policy including for example to complete your order, to facilitate your experience of our Website(s), enable offers, advertising or other promotional activity or materials about our products and services to be provided to you, to operate competitions and recognition or reward programmes, respond to your queries and / or to provide you with certain services such as aftercare services. Our third-party vendors who obtain any of your personal information may not use that personal information except for the limited purpose of performing its services to us for which we have contracted them.
Social Media Channels who may provide advertising about our products and services to you may also process some of your personal information (for example when carrying out their own targeted advertising). Therefore, please refer to the privacy policies of the relevant Social Media Channels for further details on how your personal information will be used by them (as this Policy only relates to use of your personal information by Hunter and any third-party vendors it may use). Hunter is not responsible for the processing of your personal information by any Social Media Channels.
We may also share your personal information with:
• individuals and/or companies within the Hunter group of companies as required for management, analysis, planning and decision making, including in relation to taking decisions regarding the expansion and promotion of our product and/or service offering, order or customer request fulfillment and for use by those companies for the other purposes described in this policy;
• parties to whom you authorize Hunter to release your personal information; and
• other entities (including actual or prospective buyers and our affiliates) in the event that Hunter is involved in a bankruptcy, merger, reorganization or sale of any of its group company businesses and/or assets on the basis of our legitimate interest to do so, or being required to do so by law.If you give us your prior consent, then we may share your personal information with our partners or subsidiary companies in order that they can contact you with information, promotions, products, services and offers that may be of interest to you.
**5. Personalized banner/targeted advertising **
Cookies can be removed or disabled altogether - see section 8for further information.
6. Asking your permission - Specific consents we require
We require your express consent to process your personal information:
• to provide direct or other marketing by email, telephone, post or Social Media Channels from Hunter and other members of the Hunter group of companies;
• to personalize our Website(s), social media content, offers, promotions and advertising provided to you by Hunter and its group of companies based on our understanding of your browsing and shopping habits or purchase history and other personal information we collect;
• to disclose your personal information to, or receive personal information from the Social Media Channels to enable this personalization and delivery of direct marketing described to occur;
• to register you, at your request, for certain features on our Website(s).
• to use, copy, license, sublicense, adapt, distribute, display, publicly perform, reproduce, transmit, modify, edit, and otherwise exploit your User Content.
Where we ask you to provide your consent, for example by clicking a box at the point of information collection or responding to a specific request for consent, we are specifically requesting your permission to process your information as set out in this section 6.
If you register on our Website(s) or make a purchase, we may also contact you by email with further information or updates concerning our products.
7. How to unsubscribe from our email marketing
Our policy is to allow users to unsubscribe from our regular emails at any time. You can do this by clicking on the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email you've received. However, should you experience any problems, please email us to remove your details or call our Customer Service Team who will assist you.
If you have asked us to stop sending marketing emails, and this hasn't happened, it may be because the email address to which we are sending them is not the same as the address you sent your request from. Please check the address we are using and include this information in your request. The easiest way to do this is to return to us the whole of the unwanted email.
9. What do we do to safeguard personal information?
We have instituted safeguards to check that our internal procedures meet our policy standards. We also use all efforts reasonably necessary to be sure that third parties who work with us as our agents to make our Website(s), Social Media Channels and their contents available to you, and to fulfil your orders and requests, agree to protect personal information that they must access in order to serve our Website(s) and our visitors. We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website(s), you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website(s) and/or Social Media Channels; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.OurWebsite(s) is not intended for children under the age of 13 and does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information online from visitors in this age group. If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 provides you with the right to request certain information regarding disclosure of your personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes, including a description of the categories of personal information disclosed. In order to obtain such information, please email your request to email@example.com.
10. Links to other Websites
We may offer links to third party websites. However, we are not responsible for the content or information collection policies of third party websites. If you visit a third party website, we advise you to review their privacy and other policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to the third party websites.
11. Changes to this Policy
This policy may change from time to time for any reason, including as a result of changes to any applicable state or federal law, new technologies or other similar reasons. Any policy will be valid as of the effective date first identified at the top of this policy.
If you have any questions, wish to access, update or delete information, wish to opt out of receiving future communications, or have questions about this Policy, please contact us online, or at Hunter Boot USA, LLC, 57 West 57th Street, New York, NY 10019.